As a matter of fact, I believe one of my most common complaints is entirely related to a litigation-prevention measures taken by most knive manufacturers on their folders. More on this later.
I don't believe my requirements for a pocket knife are too terribly outrageous but . . . you tell me.
- Blade - The blade should be a drop-point style without serrations between 2.5" & 2.9" with a V grind
- Blade Material - Stainless steel with good edge keeping qualities.
- Lock Style - Liner or frame lock
- Carry Method - Pocket clip broad enough to not damage clothing
- Handles - Any material that gives a good wet grip but is not so sticky as to impair drawing from the pocket
- Handle Style - Easy-to-draw rectangular or lozenge shape with no sharp edges to damage or wear clothing
- Carry Style - Tip-up